Saturday, September 12, 2026

FIRM FOUNTATION

Over and over and over in my lifetime God has proven to me that there will be disappointments at every turn in this world. Nothing here is worth depending on. Nothing here is of any value that can be looked at as worthy. Nothing will ever satisfy. I can dream. I can have great expectations, but I will never find anything that will make me feel fulfilled. Nothing but Jesus Christ, my Rock can do that. And still I raise my hopes and expectations with worldly things, only to have them dashed unceremoniously. When will I learn? When will this believer put her complete trust and hopes in the only Truth and satisfaction that anyone can have? 1-2 The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It’s our handle on what we can’t see. The act of faith is what distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd. Hebrews 11

No comments:

Post a Comment