Tuesday, July 8, 2014

It's Personal

"'Hear, O LORD, and be gracious to me; O LORD, be Thou my helper.'"  Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing; Thou hast loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness; That my soul may sing praise to Thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to Thee forever." Psalm 30: 10-12 NASB

This morning I discovered a major setback in my physical health, and I am pretty discouraged. As my husband Ron says, "It's always something with you." It seems like we can just get things in our life settled, and then something major happens to set us back. You all know that feeling, don't you?

But then, while doing my devotions, I was just overwhelmed with my precious Father's love for me.  A number of times it humbled me to tears.  He is reminding me that in Him there is a peace, joy and comfort that no disease, no evil power, no person can take from me.  He is mine and I am His....Blessed Be His Name!

My relationship with my Father is so very private and personal that no one can ever understand what this really feels like to me. The words He speaks to me cannot effect you in the same way it does me. He, and only He, knows what I need to hear.  The same is true in your relationship with Him. You can try to explain it to me, but the depth of it can never be experienced by me.  When you or I spend time with Him it's always private; it's always personal.  And best of all, He's always there, patiently waiting for us to come to Him.

Just as I am, broken and discouraged, I come.










No comments:

Post a Comment