Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Annoying People


Jay Leno look-alike.
Consider your daily encounters. Unless you are mild-mannered and numb, you will meet people every single day that truly just annoy the heck out of you. It is early morning, I haven't left my house, and I have already encountered three extremely annoying people. Let me just note that all three are women. I have no idea if that is relevant, but it seems to be the norm in my little world.

First, there's the person that complains every single morning about having to go to work. Every. Single. Morning. Then there's the politically correct person who didn't like my comment, so she deleted it. We have the person who knows everything about everyone, and at every turn spills everything she knows. 

You guessed it. I'm a Facebook user, and some of my "friends" on Facebook will at some time, every day, annoy me. "Why do I keep them as friends?" you ask in puzzlement. Well, some of them are game friends. Some of them would be offended if I unfriended them. (God forbid I offend them.) Some of them are family. YIKES!


But, here's the real reason. You see, I am annoying, too. In fact, I can honestly say that I am probably more annoying than the whole bunch put together. I'm opinionated. I'm outspoken. I am hard-headed, convinced I'm right about everything, sarcastic, have a warped sense of humor, a religious fanatic (according to some), and patriotic. I usually disagree with much of their normal thinking, and I'm not afraid to say so. Wow. I really am a most disagreeable person. 

It's entertaining to note that, despite all of that, I have lots of friends, good friends, friends I love dearly and loyally. They are imperfect. So am I. And so are you. And, consequently we kindly put up with one another and love each other anyway. Because we always remember that:

1 Corinthians 13
1.....no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.


8-10 Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled.

No comments:

Post a Comment