Friday, March 5, 2010

Writing

I really love my blog. It allows me to do something that I've always wanted to do, but I never took the time to do it. I've always wanted to write.

I have continuing stories going on in my head constantly. It's as if I am living in a virtual world, and reality is so humdrum that I escape to another world; one that I create and controll. I have often mentioned to my friend, Marcia, that it makes me feel that I am not exactly mentally balanced, and that escaping to my virtual world is comforting and exciting because it can be anything I want it to be.

I began to talk to my friend, Donna, about my childhood and all the stories that I wanted to tell my grandchildren. Wesley is always asking me questions about things that I did then, and how things were "way back then". When Donna suggested that I use my gift of writing for them and to tell them my stories it was amazing to me that I hadn't thought of it. What a great idea!

I now find myself struggling with what story to tell first. The best is realizing that, no matter the story, what I write is no longer a figment of my imagination, and that these stories really are interesting to the little ones in my life. I rush to my computer each day to explore the memories of my mind and get them written down to pass on. Hopefully these stories will be passed on to great-grandchildren, and they will enjoy the musings of an ancestor that they will never meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment