Saturday, November 28, 2015

GET OVER YOURSELF!



Hi. My name is Shirley, and I am an inconsiderate person.

I really wish there were Inconsiderate Anonymous meetings. Alcoholics have meetings and mentors to help them with their problem, so why can't we jerks have our own meetings? God knows, we sure need the help!

I'm afraid there are other disrespectful people in this world that probably wouldn't attend the meetings. However, I believe there are a ton of us out here that really desire to get over this malady and become civil and gracious, even to the other thoughtless boobs out there in the populous.


Families suffer the most when there are ill-mannered folks within its nucleus, and holidays can be disastrous. I have to admit that I just might be responsible for some discord at times. Maybe. Once or twice. It almost always happens when I think someone has been rude. So, I become rude. And where does this get us? Oh, for shame! It hurts others. It hurts those who are kind and polite. It hurts the gracious ones who have the manners to ignore the slights, but suffer through the outbursts or uncivil behaviors around them. Children and teens may not even comprehend what is happening, but they are aware of some underlying misfunction.

I am guilty! And I hate it every time it happens! I promise God and others and myself that I will do better. Perhaps I do better for a while. But, self, MY self will come back eventually and try to claim that my uncivil reaction to his rudeness is warranted.

God, please help me get over myself. Please help me to remember that my behavior proves nothing to the other ill-mannered culprit. It only hurts the innocent, the ones we both love so much. And, that is the best reason in the world to stop being a jerk.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment