Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Mothers, Beware!

Deuteronomy 4:9
"Only give heed to yourself and keep your soul diligently, so that you do not forget the things which your eyes have seen and they do not depart from your heart all the days of your life; but make them known to your sons and your grandsons.

One day long ago a very wise woman said to me, "Shirley, you do too much for your children." I was surprised to hear her say that. I had always thought that's what a mother was supposed to do, you know, take such good care of them.

Later, another wise woman told me, "I'll bet your bras and panties are old and tattered because you are giving to your children, but not being kind and generous to yourself. Don't treat yourself so shabbily, for you're teaching your children that they are more important than you, and they will end up treating you that way."

I believe they were right.

My children have always been good to me, but I did change some of my habits, and I'm pretty sure I went right out and bought new underwear.



LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment