Friday, August 14, 2015

He Decides


"But our God is in the heavens; He does whatever He pleases."  Psalm 115:3. 

When the Father decides our time is up in this world, it's done. If He decides, for whatever reason only He knows, that we need to not be protected, and we suffer hardships or pain or incapacity, it's done.

God is faithful to protect His children who love Him and obey Him. We see that throughout the scriptures. He is faithful, but He also knows all, is the wisest being, is totally in control of me and you. Why would I complain if I am stricken when He is in control and knows and allows it? If it were bad for me spiritually, for my soul, He wouldn't allow it. If it is allowed, then I have something to learn from it. 

It ain't easy. but He didn't promise easy. He promised strength, and comfort, and light, and wisdom, and His infinite love, and we should obey Him in all things. And that's enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment